This morning I endured my first round of shots for the trip. Two in each shoulder. Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid and a good ol' flu vaccine. Besides feeling exhausted, I haven't really noticed any side-effects. Besides sore arms. Give it time, I suppose.
It still hasn't hit me that we're leaving ONE MONTH from today. Stunning. I don't really feel ready at all, but I don't feel not ready, either...if that makes any sense. Like, I haven't consciously prepared for the trip as much as I will in the coming weeks, but I'm not worried about that. I'm sure I'll have more feelings as we get closer, but right now things are fine. Fine...yeah.
The other day I showed Sam where Haiti is on his globe. It was really fun. He couldn't believe how far away it was. He toted that globe around all day, too. In fact, when he got in the bath he made sure not to get his hands wet so he could look at it while in the tub. Then he called to me from the other room. "DAD! I FOUND SANTA!" I went in and he pointed to the globe and said, "Look! You're going where Santa lives!" His little finger was pointing at Santa Dominga in the D.R. Adorable.
I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to be away from those little guys for almost two weeks.
Oh, financially I'm doing well for the trip. I plan on updating my fundraising spreadsheet tonight and will post an update soon. There's still time to donate if you'd like! Let me know.
End update.
No comments:
Post a Comment