Our intention was to start the wall today, so after our breakfast (eggs for me again), the guys went out to buy supplies.
This was how it was supposed to work:
8am - guys buy supplies and go to orphanage to start building
10am - girls get picked up and brought to orphanage
4pm - leave, eat, change
5:30pm - crusade
What actually happened:
8am - guys buy supplies, it takes over 2 hours
11am-ish - go back to hotel to get girls, all go to orphanage together, but stop to get shovels
? - get to orphanage, play with kids, move swingset, go home at 4:30pm, swim, nap, eat
No crusade because the stage isn't built, so we go to Texaco and use the internet
Whatever time it is now - journal
Awesome.
It was so hot today. And it was long. I got sunburned and sweat through everything. Everyone did. Jeff especially. He wore a bandana and has a white line across his forehead. It's fantastic.
I'm a little overwhelmed with how much I want to write, so when I get that way from now on, I'm just going to do "quick hits" to jog my memory later.
I'm learning more of the kids' names and faces. Jean Paul, Joclyn, Jehmley, Weslai, Samantha, Kaylene and Kaylin, Allickson, Roly, Ochen...it's great.
Joclyn wanted my watch today and was so mad when Mandy told him no. I ended up giving it to him...and he gave it back later! That was unexpected.
Swimming when we got back to the hotel was fun. Steve won the contest for holding your breath and swimming the most lengths of the pool. Of course. He beat Harvey, Ole and Nick...handily.
Dinner was spaghetti. Yum.
Went to Texaco and used the internet. Julie wrote back before I left! Loved it. Realized I was done using the internet after about five minutes, though. Weird.
Only regret for the day? That I didn't buy a Snickers at the Texaco.
Not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment