The weather was actually pretty nice. Started out sunny, then got overcast and rained pretty hard a couple times. Not enough to stop anything we were doing, though. They really made amazing progress on the footings for the wall. Got three sections done, I think. I helped a little, but not much. Mostly I was with the kids.
Jehmley likes me. He quiets down from crying when I come and wails when I put him down. Madame says he's three! He's so tiny.
They all are. Baby Smith is so skinny, I literally thought his legs were going to break when Kaline was pulling on them while he was on the swing. She's a trouble maker. She stole my pen and I had to steal it back. Weslai, Jean Paul, and Joclyn are some of my favorites, too. Older boys, fantastic laughs, a bit of trouble-maker in 'em... I showed Weslai a picture of our family and said all their names and he repeated, "Sam." I can't wait to connect them. (That last statement tears at me now)
We had a great meal cooked by Madame Millien. Chicken, fries, some bread-thing, potato salad-ish, and a Sprite. They made us eat before the kids, which was weird and hard, but whatever. I guess we just do what they say. It was really good.
...
The Sea, Again: Give Up The Ring!
After the day at the orphanage, some of us went back to the sea. Me, Cecil and his mom, Emily, Nick and Sahlman. I can't believe everybody else stayed back at the hotel.
It was beautiful again. Nice and cool, but not too cool. We body surfed in the waves, which were bigger this time. And the sunset was gorgeous.
I also trolled the beach for my ring. I prayed. "God, I believe in miracles." I promised that if He washed it up on shore, I'd sit there and cry for an hour. Sadly, it didn't turn up. But, I got some smooth stones for my family.
After the beach we ate at Sesanete since we thought our power was still out. I had a cheeseburger and fries and it was dee-lish.
After we ate, Sahlman took me to his place. I feel honored to be the first to see it. (Ended up that I was the ONLY one to see it) It was a short block and a half from the restaurant, but the alley was dark. I can't believe he's staying on his own. Amazing.
When we got to the gate, he had a hard time with the lock and it was pitch black and this dog JUMPS up and scares the crap out of us. It was hilarious.
Well, I'll probably watch some "500 Days of Summer" on my iPod again. And think about Julie. And cry. I hope she likes it as much as me. (She hadn't seen it yet)
No comments:
Post a Comment