Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 6: Halfway (Jan 6th, 2010)

Let's go backwards today.

On the way home from church at Nego and Ellen's, we saw a beautiful wedding taking place and a truckload of boy scouts. It was great.

Service at Nego's was great. A small building they must rent that's right next to a loud restaurant. It's actually more of a youth group, which is really cool. There were probably 50 people there. Steve introduced us all to the crowd and then Mark and Christy played/sang a couple songs. Very cute. Steve spoke about love. Doing everything we do in love. At the very end, Nego said, "Pastor Ryan, will you close us in prayer?" I was really caught off-guard, but honored to pray.

Honestly, the whole day was pretty hum-drum. Got up to the orphanage pretty early and spent the whole day there until 3:30pm. Jehmley was a peach (sarcastic) almost all day. Just crying and screaming.

That kid has a scream that equals his smile. The whole day I just kind of hung-out with hte kids and helped with the wall when I could. They actually got all the footings and almost all the rebar up. I think the construction guys feel really successful. And they should. I also presented the kids with the school supplies that Anna's preschool class sent with me. That was nice.

At one point I showed some of the kids pictures of my family on my iPod. When Julie popped up, Kangine sighed, "Oh, belle!" That means pretty. It was adorable. And of course, I agreed. Kangine is Pastor Millen's daughter and she is one of my favorites. Beautiful girl, funny and super shy. But shy in a funny way. She thinks it's funny to say my name (and Chris) and then act like she didn't when I respond. Dork.

(I also wrote a letter to Julie, but that's private. Sorry...but, not really.)

No comments:

Post a Comment